Saturday, May 14, 2005

Extending Firefox into bbctags

In an earlier post, (Micro-info: Backstage, The BBC Opens Up a Little More) I posted a link to a Greasemonkey script that modifies BBC News pages so that story links to point to the bbctags site instead.

To use the script requires that you install Greasemonkey of course, which not everyone want to do... so when I found the Greasemokey compiler, that takes a Greasemonkey script and generates a fully blown Firefox extension from it, I thought I'd give it a go: download bbctags localiser extension, then File/Open it. (The direct installation won't work until I can persuade someone to add the correct application/x-xpinstall Mime Type to the server config.)

Once you have the extension installed, pop along to the BBC News website and check out a few stories...you should find when you click on a story link that you end up at the bbctags version of the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home