Friday, July 29, 2005

CustoMyScripting for the Desktop...

Over the last few months I've been having a fine old time annotating other people's webpages with doodles of my own using Greasemonkey. So when the Yahoo Buys Maker of 'Widget' Applications hit the blogosphere a few days ago, I fell in lurrrvvvvvve.......

In the same way that Greasemonkey lets you script what you like in a random webpage, Konfabulator lets you script widgets for the desktop in a relatively painless way. So roll on customyscripting (or customiscripting....?) My computer is my toy, so I'd like to be able to play with it how I want to... And this make sit a lot easier...:-)

Doubtless the novelty will wear off in a few days, although not, I think, for the RSS widgets, which are alredy proving useful to me...

With Microsoft and others promissing to get into RSS in a big way in the near future, this is one way of trying out RSS-fed stuff on the desktop in the meantime....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home