Friday, March 04, 2005

PocketThis: Why Should I pay for the Privilege?

PocketThis :: Partners Portfolio has several "See how it works" demos of their service. Find the "Pocket This" link on a web page, and get the nuggets of information shown there (travel times, for instance, or classified ad details) sent top your mobile.

All well and good - but you pay for the privilege. Now this is one of those old 'who should pay?' chestnuts, but in this case it may well be that I will use the info pocketed from a company's webpage to make a purchase from that company. In which case, I definitely do NOT want to pay...especially of those self-same companies send me junk txts...

I much prefer the affitilate idea where I get txts for free from a 3rd party, such as my old favourite Txtbux, and they hope i may a purchase that they can claim an affiliate fee from. Of course, txtbux does require registration, which is a big spoiler...

So perhaps there should be a compromise... The current no registration model, where I pay to recieve a txt; or a new model, where I register with Pocket This and get txts for free. If I make a purchase as a result, quoting a code that tracks back to Pocket This, they get a fee, I get a free txt, the company trying to sell me something pays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home